Wednesday, March 15, 2023

10 QUOTES SIXTH

Yale Center for British Art
Illustrations to Young's Night Thoughts
Page 73

 
For whether they lookd upward they saw the Divine Vision
Or whether they lookd downward still they saw the Divine Vision 
Surrounding them on all sides beyond sin & death & hell 
O Saviour pour upon me thy Spirit of meekness & love:
Annihilate the Selfhood in me, be thou all my life!
Guide thou my hand which trembles exceedingly upon the rock of ages,
While I write of the building of Golgonooza, & of the terrors of Entuthon:
 I come to Self Annihilation
Such are the Laws of Eternity that each shall mutually     
Annihilate himself for others good, as I for thee. 
     Bring me my Bow of burning gold:
     Bring me my Arrows of desire:                     
     Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
     Bring me my Chariot of fire!
*
Let the slave grinding at the mill, run out into the field:
Let him look up into the heavens & laugh in the bright air;
Let the inchained soul shut up in darkness and in sighing,
Whose face has never seen a smile in thirty weary years;
Rise and look out, his chains are loose, his dungeon doors are open. 
*
  For a Tear is an Intellectual thing;   
And a Sigh is the Sword of an Angel King
  And the bitter groan of a Martyrs woe  
Is an Arrow from the Almighties Bow!
*
I will arise and look forth for the morning of the grave.       
I will go down to the sepulcher to see if morning breaks!
I will go down to self annihilation and eternal death,
Lest the Last Judgment come & find me unannihilate
*
But the Divine Humanity & Mercy gave us a Human Form                                         
Because we were combind in Freedom & holy Brotherhood 
*
Jesus said. Wouldest thou love one who never died
For thee or ever die for one who had not died for thee
And if God dieth not for Man & giveth not himself           
Eternally for Man Man could not exist. for Man is Love:
As God is Love: every kindness to another is a little Death
In the Divine Image nor can Man exist but by Brotherhood
In every cry of every Man, 
In every Infants cry of fear, 
In every voice: in every ban,
The mind-forg'd manacles I hear  

No comments: