Saturday, September 23, 2023

JOB PLATE 17

This is the location of verses of scripture on Plate 17.
 
1Samuel 2
[6] he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.

1John 3
[2] we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Psalms 8
[3] When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
[4] What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Job 42
[5] I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

John 14
[9] he that hath seen me hath seen the Father

John 10
[30] I and my Father are one.

John 14
[20] At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

John 14
[28] If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father


From the pages of the 'books' at the bottom of the plate:

John 14
[7] If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him 

*******

John 14
[11] Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: 

John 14
[21] he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father
[17] for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

*******

John 14
[21] he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
[23] my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

********

John 14
[16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive


The rebirth of Job follows his trial by Satan, his encounter with the wisdom and power of Jehovah, and his recognition of the impotence of Behemoth and Leviathan. He is freed from exposure to Satan's dark dominion as he sees Satan fall from Heaven and lose his ability to mentally harass him. Having been released from the forces which kept him in bondage, he is opened to an encounter with a new vision of God. This can be seen as the revelation which comes through Jesus, the Seventh Eye of God. 

Job and his female counterpart are seen in Plate 17 receiving the blessing of a God who relates to him as Man to Man. The scripture on the plate delineates the experiential relationship which is introduced by the coming of Jesus. God becomes known because Man shall see 'him as he is' through seeing his son whom he loves. The theme of the quotes on the plate is love: the Fathers love for Jesus, the son's love for the Father, Man's love for Jesus and for his Father, and the love through which Man dwells within God himself. Through the Oneness of God and Jesus, Man loves and is loved. 

This plate is about transformations. Man has been transformed from a supplicant of a unknown God whom he fears and manipulates, to becoming a member of God's family who pleases God by loving him and Jesus. He is promised a comforter to be with him always as the Spirit of Truth.

By using New Testament scripture Blake presents this as God being transformed to a new revelation or Eye of God. He will not be a god who is distant or hidden. Through the revelation of Jesus, Man may know that God lives within his Soul. If Man believes that Jesus is in God, and that God is in Jesus, Man will know that he is beloved of God who abides with him.     

Job 42

[1] Then Job answered the LORD, and said,
[2] I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.
[3] Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.
[4] Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.
[5] I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
[6] Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.
[7] And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath.
[8] Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job

From a sermon at St Andrews Church Cobourg CA:

"Job’s faith has been transformed. He cannot go back to being the individual he once was. His journey will not allow it, his new understanding of God will not allow it. So Job does the only thing he can do and that is to ask forgiveness for the simplicity of his former thoughts."



No comments: