Wednesday, September 26, 2018

GREATEST HITS 7

INTRODUCTION 

Songs and Ballads, Blake's Notebook, (E 476) 
"Throughout all Eternity         
I forgive you you forgive me
                   As our dear Redeemer said                    
This the Wine & this the Bread"

British Museum
Illustrations to Young's Night Thoughts 
Phrase in context:
 
Songs and Ballads, Blake's Notebook, (E 476)
My Spectre 
...
"Till I turn from Female Love    
And root up the Infernal Grove  
I shall never worthy be         
To Step into Eternity

And to end thy cruel mocks        
Annihilate thee on the rocks
And another form create
To be subservient to my Fate

Let us agree to give up Love
And root up the infernal grove                                 
Then shall we return & see
The worlds of happy Eternity

& Throughout all Eternity         
I forgive you you forgive me
As our dear Redeemer said                    
This the Wine & this the Bread"
 

No comments: