Friday, May 11, 2012

Fourfold Love

In the quiet and stillness of the early dawn came the Moment that Satan cannot find:
the sudden Vision: I receive the Love of God, love of the other, love of the Saviour,  love
of myself.

Everything is Fourfold!

"I've a wife I love and she loves me;
I've all but Riches bodily"
These two lines embody Blake's credo:  life is about Love, not about Riches. Through his long life, for twenty years he pursued Riches and Fame, but in the Moment of Truth, illicited by his dismal experience with William Haley at Felpham, he came to see that his first love was the Visions of God; he gave himself up to that and "lived happily ever after".

The Love of God leads to Brotherhood: for years he hated  and derided (the Old Testament) God but in the fullness of time he experienced the "healing balm"

( Thinking as I do that the Creator of this World is a very
Cruel Being & being a Worshipper of Christ I cannot help saying
the Son O how unlike the Father
Thump on the Head Then Jesus Christ comes with a balm to heal it")
(Erdman 565; A Vision of the Last Judgment)

and loved (the New Testament) God; then he received, and returned, the love of the Shoreham Ancients.

He died singing.  How nice it will be if we learn that song.

No comments: