Monday, June 12, 2023

10 QUOTES NINTH

Wikipedia Commons
Illustrations to Paradise Lost
Satan Watching the Endearments of Adam and Eve
*
It is better to prevent misery, than to release from misery
It is better to prevent error, than to  forgive the criminal:  
*
Demonstration Similitude & Harmony are Objects of Reasoning 
Invention Identity & Melody are Objects of Intuition 
*
For not one sparrow can suffer, & the whole Universe not suffer also, 
In all its Regions, & its Father & Saviour not pity and weep. 
 
*
Not for ourselves but for the Eternal family we live
Man liveth not by Self alone but in his brothers face            
Each shall behold the Eternal Father & love & joy abound
The man
who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds
reptiles of the mind.
*
When the voices of children are heard on the green  
And laughing is heard on the hill,    
My heart is at rest within my breast
And every thing else is still

*

He doth give his joy to all. 
He becomes an infant small. 
He becomes a man of woe 
He doth feel the sorrow too. 
*
Then I asked: does a firm perswasion that a thing is so, make it so? 
He replied. All poets believe that it does, & in ages of imagination 
this firm perswasion removed mountains; 
but many are not capable of a firm perswasion of any thing. 

I in my Selfhood am that Satan: I am that Evil One! He is my Spectre! in my obedience to loose him from my Hells To claim the Hells, my Furnaces, I go to Eternal Death.
Jesus was all virtue,
and acted from impulse: not from rules.

No comments: